The Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 suites are widely accepted as industry standards and used all over the world, especially by business and professional document creators. MS Word 2007 and 2010 have both become the standard for text processing applications. The default file format for Word 2007 and 2010 is docx. So, whenever you want to create or edit a native, full-featured Word 2010 document, you need to deal with a docx file.
It is also a well-known fact that when we want to send or save business or personal documents, we usually convert them to the PDF format, because of the obvious benefits of PDF.
But many times we need to modify saved or received PDF files. To do that, we need to convert it into an editable Word format, preferably docx. The best way to convert PDF files to the docx format is by using a professional PDF Converter, like Adobe Acrobat or PDFConverter Elite. Most business users who create and convert PDF documents on a regular basis usually opt for a powerful and fast PDF Converter software. However, they are pricey and if you are just a student or need conversion service once in a blue moon, you may prefer a free PDF converter. Provided that you have some extra time and MS Office 2007 or 2010 installed, here is how you can convert your PDFs to docx format completely free of charge with a little help from Google Docs:
1. Sign in to your Google account. If you don’t have one, create one for free here.
2. When you log in to your Google Docs account, upload the PDF you want to convert to Word either by clicking on Upload → Files and browsing for it on your local computer:
or simply dragging and dropping it into your Documents list.
3. The next step is very important. Make sure to check the following box in the Upload Settings dialog: “Convert documents, presentations, spreadsheets, and drawings to the corresponding Google Docs format“. If you’re uploading a scanned PDF file, then make sure to also check the box that says: “Convert text from PDF and image files to Google documents.“
4. Click the “Start Upload“ button. On the bottom right of your screen, you will see an upload progress bar. Once fully uploaded, you will see your document in the document list.
5. Click on it to open it. When you open it, go to File Download As → Word and save it on your computer wherever you choose:
6. When you save it, locate it and right click on it. Then choose to Open With MS Word:
7. The opened file can then be saved as a Word document by clicking Save As Type Word Document:
And you’re done. Now your PDF is converted to a docx type of file and you can view and edit it as a native Word 2010 or 2007 document.