There are times when you need to have a PDF translated – when you buy a gadget produced in Japan or China and you have no idea what the manual says – for example. Or maybe you are selling Italian tiles, and you want to translate the brochure of the company whose products you are placing on an English-speaking market.
If you do need to translate a PDF, it is good to know that there are ways that you can do this online without having to pay a single red cent.
Here are two of the simplest ways to get your PDFs translated into any of the many different languages that Google supports.
1) Using Google Docs
1. If you do not have a Google account, click here and sign up for one – you should be able to do so in a matter of minutes.
2. Once you have done this, login to your account and go to Docs.Google.com. Once you are in Google Docs, click on “Upload“ and then “Files…“ Choose from your computer the PDF file that you want to translate and upload it.
3. Check the box that says “Convert documents, presentations, spreadsheets, and drawings to the corresponding Google Docs format“ and “Convert text from PDF and image files to Google documents.“ Now select the language that the PDF is written in under the “Document language“ tab.
4. Click the “Start Upload“ button.
5. Now click “All items“ and find your PDF that you just converted – it should be at the top.
6. Click on the file in order to open it.
7. Once the document has loaded, click on “Tools“ and then “Translate document…“ Name your document and choose what language you want it translated into. Your document will open in a new window, displaying the original text and and the translated text right below it.
2) Using Google Translate
1. Go to Translate.Google.com. Click on the “From” and “To” tabs to select first, what language the original PDF is in (From), and what language you want it translated into (To).
2. Now click on “translate a document.“
3. Click on “browse“ and then select the PDF file from your computer that you want translated.
4. Click “translate.“ Your translated text will appear in a new window.
Do you know of any other free ways to translate PDFs for free online? If so, please share them with us in comments.