How to Convert PDF to JPEG
Although the PDF is primarily used for preserving important information, the format is also a digital container for preserving images. Just as professional printers use the PDF to preserve and extract publishing layouts, the graphics industry uses it to extract and retain image quality on all platforms.
While some users may choose to convert a whole PDF full of graphics into a JPEG, others may want to convert selected images from the file for different purposes.
Here is how to convert PDF to JPG.
To Convert entire PDF files to JPG in PDF Converter Elite:
- 1Download PDF Converter Elite here and run the program.
- 2Open the PDF file you wish to convert by clicking on the Open icon on the menu bar.
- 3Browse the PDF you wish to convert and click Open.
- 4Choose the Image icon on the Toolbar or from the Menu bar click on the Convert button and from the drop down menu choose PDF to Images conversion.
- 5A side bar will appear on the right where you should click on Select All Pages to convert a whole PDF.
- 6You can also change image options by changing the image format or image size as shown below.
- 7Once you are done click Convert.
To Convert separate Images from PDF to JPG with PDF Converter Elite:
- 1Open the PDF file in PDF Converter Elite in the same way as it is explained above.
- 2Click on the Image icon on the Toolbar or click on the Convert button from the Menu bar and from the drop down menu choose PDF to Images conversion.
- 3When a side bar appears on the right, choose the option Select Area instead of Select All Pages.
- 4Again, you can change image settings by altering the output type, adding gif animation speed etc.
- 5Once you are done just click Convert.
To Convert entire PDF files to JPG in Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro:
- 1Open the PDF file you wish to convert.
- 2Choose Save As Other... > Image from the File menu.
- 3Choose either JPEG or JPEG2000 from the options available from the list. Choosing JPEG2000 will provide better quality image due to the compression it uses and its ability to display images at different resolutions.
- 4Use the Settings... option to adjust file before conversion. Here you can adjust your file settings, color manage your file, and conversion settings. Click on OK.
- 5Save your file. Once saved, your entire document will appear as an image file in you default image viewer.
To Convert all separate Images from PDF to JPG in Adobe Acrobat 9 11 Pro:
- 1Select Document Processing from the View menu.
- 2The Tools Pane will open. From the list of options, select Export All Images.
- 3In the Export All Images As dialog, ensure that JPEG is your saved file type. Click on Settings... to bring up the dialogue of conversion settings.
- 4Adjust File Settings, Color Management, Conversion and Extraction settings. Click on OK.
- 5Click on Save in the original dialog to continue the process. Your images will be saved and numerically filed. Once saved, your images can be viewed as separate files.