How to Convert Word to PDF
When you convert Word text to PDF you are essentially converting it to an appealing, reliable, and fully functional format. Not only that, but the PDF also ensures that your data can be used in professional workflows where review and collaboration, or processing and print publishing, are involved. To boot, your recipients have a document that is easier to read, search and print.
PDF documents are perfect for saving, protecting, and sending content - they are easy to print, contain a number of security options, and can preserve a variety of different types of content.
There are three ways to convert your Word document into a PDF file: you can Export your document as a PDF or if you have Acrobat Pro 11 installed, you can either Save it to the PDF format or Print your document to PDF.
For Quick Word to PDF Conversion:
- 1Choose the document you wish to convert in Microsoft Word 2013.
- 2Click on the File tab.
- 3Select Export from the list of options that appear.
- 4Ensure that "Create PDF/XPS Document" is highlighted and click on Create PDF/XPS.
- 5In the Publish as PDF or XPS dialog, click on the Options… button. Set preferences for your conversion. Click on OK.
- 6Select options for optimization - Standard (publishing online and printing) or Minimum size (publishing online). Then click on Publish.
- 7The new document will automatically take the name of the original file. Change the name or add a number to differentiate. Once saved, you may view your information in PDF format.
To Convert Word to PDF by Saving to PDF
- 1Open your document in MS Word 2013.
- 2If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro installed, click on the File tab and select Save as Adobe PDF.
- 3In the Save Adobe PDF File As dialog, you can decide to select the Protect PDF setting and specify conversion settings by clicking on the Options button.
To Convert Word to PDF by Printing to PDF
- 1With the document you wish to convert opened in Microsoft Word 2013, click on the File tab.
- 2Choose Print.
- 3If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro installed, select Adobe PDF as your printer. Then click on the Print button above.
- 4In the following Save Adobe PDF File As dialog, name your file and specify a location to save it in. You can then view the document in PDF format.
However, be warned that they do come with a few shortcomings. Using MS Word as a PDF converter cannot perform complex conversions, and buying Adobe Acrobat Pro may not be an affordable option.
Luckily, there are some other solutions out there that are cheaper than Acrobat and that contain more advanced capabilities than MS Word to convert and create PDF files. Or if you need a more flexible solution, you can try PDF web tools that can convert Word to PDF free.
How to Convert Word to PDF Online Free
- 3Select the .DOC file you wish to convert and click on Open.
- 4After uploading your file, enter the email address where you want your converted file sent.
- You can opt in on whether or not to receive other handy PDF information.
- 5Click on the Start button to begin the conversion process. When the converted file is done, a link to the file will be sent to the email provided. Remember to check both Inbox and Spam folders for your PDF file.
- 6Click on the link to download and save the PDF file to your computer.