Did you know? Managing documents can have direct and huge impact on your productivity. Imagine you have received a document via email and you cannot open it or the formatting is lost because you and the person who sent the document don’t use compatible programs. If you deal with paper documents, it may probably happen that you cannot find the paper document you need or your desk is covered with a pile of papers. There are many examples that prove that going paperless is a must and adopting your business to paperless method of document management, necessarily involves dealing with scanned documents.
Why people use scanned documents?
The answer is simple. Long time ago, everything was kept on paper. When business turned to paperless technology, they couldn’t start from scratch and just forget about paper documents. They had to be transferred in a digital form. The only way to do that is via scanner and the result is a scanned document. Scanned documents are usually saved in PDF format. The problem arises when you need to edit a scanned document, because not all PDF conversion tools can successfully convert scanned PDF files.
How to Edit Scanned PDFs?
If you need to edit a scanned PDF first you need to convert it to editable file format such as MS Word, Excel and other. After the conversion you just need to open a converted file in one of these programs and edit its content. If you convert a scanned PDF to Word and the conversion result cannot be edited, that means you converted a file from one format to another, for example, from PDF to Word, but it is still unusable- the text is still locked within an image. That means, the PDF converter you use doesn’t have the OCR technology. OCR stands for Optical Character Recognition, and only if a PDF converter has an integrated OCR, it can convert scanned PDFs.
How to Convert Scanned PDF to Word?
There are three ways to convert a PDF to Word: online- by using PDF to Word online, offline- using desktop PDF Converter Elite program, on your mobile phone- using some of the numerous PDF mobile apps on the market. You can convert scanned PDFs with both tools mentioned above, because they have integrated OCR technology.
To convert a PDF to Word online:
- Click here and tap on Choose File button.
- Enter your email address where you want to receive the download link to your file.
- Click Start button and within a few minutes expect a converted file in your inbox.
To Convert a PDF to Word with PDF Converter Elite:
- Download the program first.
- Run the program and click the Open icon to locate a scanned PDF you wish to convert.
- Click the Edit menu and tick Convert Using OCR option. You will find it in OCR Options section. In that way, you are turning on the OCR engine.
- Click the Word icon to convert a scanned PDF to Word.
- On the right side panel, choose one of three selection options. You can select the whole document, only an area of the document or the certain pages.
- Choose the conversion mode and click the Convert button.