PDF format is often used to store important business documents, ebooks, case studies. If you need to study the content you saved in PDF, or you want to present it to someone else, highlighting important parts of a document can help. Before we show you how to highlight in PDF, let’s see why would you do it in the first place.
Highlighting content in a document
One of the reasons to highlight in PDF document is to study that way, or to emphasize the facts to your audience. When you study a subject, it’s easier to underline or highlight something so you can always get back to it when doing revision. Also, when you are presenting something, your audience would appreciate to see data presented in different colors and font sizes.
How to highlight in PDF with PDF Converter Elite
Start the program and open the PDF file from the Open menu. Then access PDF editing options by clicking on the Edit menu. In the right side of the program a new set of options will show up.
Click on the Add button in the Text area to add new text that will be in different color. Change the color first, before clicking on the Add button. The text you type will be highlighted in other color. You can even change the font size and style, so it stands out even more.
Unfortunately, there is no option to change the color of the existing text, but you can do this:
- Copy the text you want to highlight.
- Paste it into the box where you will add the text in different color.
- Click on the Delete option and then on the text in PDF that is the default color, probably black.
- To save the changes, click on the cancel X button and you will be asked to save a new version of PDF file.
If you want to change the position of the highlighted text, you can simply drag the box to the desired destination in a document.
How to highlight in PDF without PDF Converter Elite
If you don’t own PDF Converter Elite, you can still use a free trial for 7 days. But that is not a permanent solution. If you wonder how to highlight in PDF without owning a PDF editor such as PDF Converter Elite, here’s how you can do it:
- Convert PDF to Word, Excel or PowerPoint, depending on the type of content you work with. Choose one of the preferred PDF converter tools that you can use free without limitations.
- Open the converted file and with the left mouse click select the part of the content you want to highlight. You can either choose different color background or font color, or highlight the text by underlining it.
Highlighting text in Word and Excel is easy and here’s how to highlight in PowerPoint.
The last step would be to convert the document to PDF again either by using our PDF creation tool or by saving it as PDF directly from MS Office application.