How to Split PDF File in Two or More Files
Even though PDFs are perfect for presenting and preserving long documents, there are times when you will need to split them into smaller chunks. This is a convenient way of eliminating unwanted content, making smaller file sizes, and handling large files efficiently.
Fortunately, PDF Converter Elite and Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro will let you easily split PDF pages from a single file into smaller ones with a few simple options. Here is how you can use Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro to make a PDF split.
Here's How to Split PDF Files with PDF Converter Elite
- 1Click the Open icon and select a PDF file.
- 2Click the Edit button and the sidebar will appear on the right.
- 3Click the Split PDF file button.
- 4Type the number of the first page and the last to be split.
- 5Click the Split button.
To Split a PDF with an Open Document in Acrobat:
- 1Open the File you wish to split, and go to View > Tools > Pages.
- 2Choose Split Document from the Pages section.
- 3Use the Split Document dialog box to choose the settings for splitting your document.
- Number of Pages - Choose the maximum number of pages for each document when splitting.
- File Size - Choose the maximum file size for each document when splitting.
- Top Level - Bookmarks - Creates a separate document for each top-level bookmark if the document includes bookmarks.
- Click Output Options to specify a target folder for the split files.
- If you need to apply the same split to various files, choose Apply to Multiple. Choose Add Files, Folders, or Open files and select your file or folder.
To Quickly Split a Number of PDF files with Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro without Opening any Files:
- 1From the same Pages section in the Tools Pane, choose Split Document.
- 3Select the files or folders containing the files you wish to split and click OK.
- 4Use the Split Document dialog box to choose the settings for splitting your document. Then use the Output Options to specify a target folder for the split files.
- 5Click OK to split PDF pages.