When you need to deliver a presentation it often requires some additional skills apart from PowerPoint. Assuming you know how to make a presentation in PowerPoint, the only skill you need to learn is related to printing such presentations. In some situations, it is not acceptable to send a PowerPoint presentation via email, and you are expected to print and deliver it instead. If you presentation is too long it means you will need much paper. To cut the printing costs and contribute to environment protection, you can print multiple slides on one page. If you fit more slides on the page you will have less pages to print. Plus, the person who needs to evaluate your presentation will have less paper to go through.
How to print multiple slides on one page only
Note: This guide is meant for users of MS Office 2016, 2013, 2010.
- Click on the File menu and then on the Print button. As you can see from the images below, the File menu is at the left top of the program and the button Print is also at the left side of it.
- Check out if the right printer is chosen. If the printer you want to use is not on the list, you can click on Add a Printer to include it in the list.
- In the Settings section, click on the Full Page Slides to open additional options, Handouts. Now you can decide how many slides you want to present on one page. You can select two, three, four, six or nine slides to fit on one page.
- Additional step is to put content on both sides of the paper. So if you want to print both sides of the paper, click on the arrow next to the Print One Sided, and change the option. Print One Sided is the default options and it means that the printer will print on one side of the paper. When printing both sides of the paper, you need to turn the paper manually.
- The final step is to click on the Print button. You can find it at the left top of the program.
Note for PowerPoint 2007 users: In order to print multiple slides on one page, you need to follow similar steps. Only the interface of the Print window is a bit different. When you open Print settings from the File menu, check the Print want option first. Make sure Handouts option is selected. Next to the Print what is the option to choose the number of slides per page. Check out the screnshot here.
How to Print Multiple Slides on one Page PDF
If you want to print your PowerPoint presentation to PDF and at the same time put more slides on a page, guidelines are pretty similar.
So, you need to open the same settings and select the number of slides per page. As it was explained in the text above, you need to click on the arrow next to the Full Page Slides or on the exact button Full Page Slides. In the Handouts section choose the number of slides per page.
That part doesn’t differ from the first guide. What differs is the printer choice. Instead of choosing the real printer, select a virtual printer.
What is a virtual printer?
Most PDF programs that have viewing option, such as Adobe Reader or PDF Converter Elite, has a virtual printer. If you have any of these programs installed on your computer, you will see the name of the printer in the list. So instead of selecting a real printer such as HP LaserJet, choose PDF Converter Elite Printer or any other PDF program you use.
You can apply this setting to other MS Office or OpenOffice programs. In other words, you can print to PDF almost any kind of file. That’s the quickest way to create a PDF from a file such .ppt(x).
Anyway, when you select the number of slides per page and the virtual printer, the only thing left to do is to click the same Print button. As a result, your presentation will be saved in a PDF. A PDF will contain multiple slides on one page, as many as you chose.
It is always better to use PDF files instead of .ppt(x) when you need to send a presentation to someone else or to move it to another computer. PDF keeps the format and the layout of the presentation and your work will remain intact.